In general, Emotion Regulation is described as person’s ability to effectively manage and respond to an emotional experience.
When our emotions feel over-whelming or “over the top”, it means we are experiencing more emotion and physical reaction that the current situation has triggered. Our “baggage”, the unresolved emotion from the past, has come into play and it affecting the our current experience.
Tipi is a process that is uniquely efficient for resolving conditions such as depression, fear, anxiety, PTSD, anger, and grief. A critical benefit of this technique is the ability to resolve long-standing traumas and emotional patterns without emotionally re-activating the client. The results obtained are permanent.
A session to resolve an emotional pattern can be done in person, on the phone or via Skype. Sessions rarely last more than 30 minutes.
TiPi session’s can:
- Heal the impact of a past trauma
- Resolve disruptive emotional or behavioral patterns (See a list of difficulties below)
- Remove blocks including fears, or things that you “hate” doing but still have to do
- Reduce fear and stress for more effective participation in life
The goal of each session is to experience total and permanent resolution of a specific difficulty.
How does TiPi work?
Our body stores the memory of the sensations leading up to the loss of consciousness (suffocation, heart rate increase, knot in the stomach). When we experience an emotional difficulty, those same sensations instantaneously resurface. Nicon found that by consciously re-experiencing these sensations allows emotional blocks to be integrated and resolved – permanently.
These patterns are deactivated when the event that created them are relived through sensations, without mental interference. It is through physical sensations and not intellectual analysis that using Tipi we look for, find, and re-experience the root of a fear or behavioral pattern. By giving attention to these physical sensations and how they shift, a natural and permanent regulation takes place.
Emotional Patterns and Difficulties that TiPi can resolve
Emotions that we are aware of:
These triggered situations indicate an emotion that needs regulation. Our clients are aware of the emotion or triggered situations that need to be regulated. They can include
- Escape – compulsive distraction found in drug use, meditation, shopping, hoarding, eating, gambling, sex, even exercise
- Inhibition – wanting to do something, but can’t do it, frozen
- Overpowering/controlling – need to take control of others or situation, passive aggressive, over self-control
- Represented by a subject comes up over and over again, family story, political argument, something that make you feel restless
- A belief that “I have to be right about everything”, refuse to be wrong, negative attitude
- Avoidance – I don’t do it, I go out of my way to not do it, avoid things people situations you don’t like
- Art Triggers – movies, music, painting etc that prompts an emotional response/stress
Emotions that we are NOT aware of:
It turns out that all somatic (body) dysfunction is caused and held in place by emotions that we are not consciously aware of. These “Silent” Emotions” slide and skitter though our minds as background noise, unnoticed and unheard. When unregulated for long periods of time, they depress the immune and parasympathetic systems that heal our bodies. “Normal” damage that should be easily repaired each night in a health body will then become injury and disease, chronically aggravated by these unresolved feelings.
Once the silent emotion is regulated, the immune and repair systems rebound instantly to heal the somatic issue. The following is a partial list somatic issues that can be resolved by emotion regulation.
- Joints or Connective Tissue: Arthritis, Lupus, Scleroderma
- Gastrointestinal: Reflux, Ulcers, Constipation, Diarrhea, IBS, Crohns, Celiac, Food Sensitivities
- Endocrine issues: Diabetes, PMS, Fertility, Erectile Dysfunction
- Functional or Idiopathic disorders: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, TMJ
- Blood: Anemia, Clotting Issues
- Cardiovascular: Heart, Vasculature, Circulation
- Ears, Eyes and Sinus: Tinnitus, Sinusitis
- Neurological: Dementia, Parkinson, Epilepsy, MS
- Renal: Kidney, Bladder, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Respiratory: Asthma, COPD, Bronchitis, Cystic fibrosis, Breathing issues
- Skin: Psoriasis, Eczema, Impetigo
- Any somatic (body) dysfunction
These physical dysfunctions are active because an emotion is present to stop the natural healing process. Advanced Mind-Emotion-Body methods reveal the silent emotional and bring it to the body for regulation and removal. The body’s healing, now unblocked, can resume its normal function of healing and repair.
Where did TiPi originate?
The Tipi technique for Emotion Regulation was created and perfected by Luc Nicon (a pedagogy, science of teaching, researcher and expert in behavioral communication) in France. His 2007 landmark study explored the origin of fears, traumas, and emotional blocks. Now more than 10,000 sessions a month are helping clients throughout Europe overcome their emotional difficulties. Individuals can also use Tipi to resolve their emotional and behavioral difficulties on their own when the emotion is active.